Friday, January 4, 2008

New Horizons - and black Chihuahuas

Sorry for the lack of updates (to all 5 of you who read :-p ) but here I am again. My last day at work is in exactly 7 days. It has been a great job - but I supposed it's time to start on that path again.

I'm wondering why I haven't utilized the beauty of the world wide web as a tool for promoting my playing. Not that I would want to now - but it could be a good thing to do. I know alot of people use myspace for that - but I think that I want something that looks a little snappier. Anyone know of a good webhosting service? Kelly Neill has one. I like it - and he's spectacular. I was reminded the other day that every one is human. This wasn't a profound thought, it was a funny, encouraging observance. Apparently - a VERY famous principal trombonist for a premier orchestra Kacked the most notable note in the trombone solo for Bolero. 2 things about that - 1. I still respect that man incredibly, because 1 out of 2000 high Db's is not bad, it's excellent... 2. Makes me feel better about the times I screw up huge! I'm gonna be that caliber of a player one day. I think i'm gonna keep a log of how many times I botch something in the Show. Expect an update on that every now and then - but don't be dissapointed if I forget!

So I auditioned at Rutgers last month. Apparently, there is competition for the one trombone fellowship slot. We'll see what comes of that. Stonybrook application is almost done - just trying to find an old term paper to send them, and hopefully that will come to fruition. I'm just praying for God's will, and i'm gonna let that be that. Sound good?

Cirque de Soleil is looking for musicians for a stationary 2 year show in Macau, China and Tokyo, Japan. Thoughts anyone?


I love being at home with my wife. And when we're somewhere where it's feasible - I'm gonna buy her a lil black Chihuahua puppy named Bubble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for websites...

www.doteasy.net

plenty of space free (don't be fooled into buying the extra stuff)--

i hope rutgers works out; i still miss you!

cirque de soliel sounds fun though...

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Good luck and let us know where you end up! It will be exciting for you to make money doing what you like to do best!