Sunday, January 11, 2009

up we go

The airforce has by-far my favorite military anthem. Ever since I was a little kid I've wanted to be a fighter pilot. I used to have this dark-blue jumpsuit that said airforce on it, and I can remember wanting to wear that to Church because I thought it was dressy enough. I also had a red jumper but it was to be a firefighter which I didn't think was as cool as flying planes. I do however remember when I discovered that the airforce wouldn't allow you to be a fighter pilot if you had the need for corrective lenses, which I had. It was a sad day. Today on the other hand is a happy day - because tomorrow I get a chance to join the airforce! Of course I have to wade through 2 - 4 rounds of stiff competition...but!...the positive news is that they will allow a trombonist with corrective lenses to be in the airforce band. yahoo! Prayers please. thanks!

T-minus 16 hours.

1 comment:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Good luck and God's richest blessings on you with the air force. My dad was in the air force! I'll be praying you make it!