Friday, September 25, 2009

Workin

It seems like it finally has happened. I am having to actually WORK for my DMA. Who woulda thunk right? Apparently, outside the lovely state of New Jersey, Rutgers has a stellar reputation as far as academics are concerned so I guess it only fits that the work is hard now.

I am taking an "intro to music research" class, which is required before I can take performance practice and my history courses. We read a long excerpt out of an article called "A Critique of Textual Criticism." I read a criticism of criticism. Sometimes I don't get academia.

Trombone is going well - i've realized that this is probably the last year I can afford to really spend the time practicing like I want to. Time to buckle down. I made an excerpt book. and am scheduling a lesson with Joe Alessi. zoikes. He is going to own me.

2 comments:

Linz said...

I am taking a research and bibliography class too! I'm not a fan.

alice-anne said...

research and bib was one of my favorite classes. our professor talked about whatever he felt like talking about that day (usually early instrument building or his degree from harvard) and i did crossword puzzles.

amazing.