Thursday, October 25, 2007

Oh the light...

down below, about 3 posts, you'll see a 7 things list. Scott drew attention in his comments to number 6. he stated that it's not gonna happen. I am more than ok with that. And I laughed out loud, while at work, at the blutness of the statement. It just means he knows me. I don't see the point. I'm grown up enough for whatever I need to do. I pay bills, have insurance, have a "real" job, make financial decisions for the family. blah blah blah blah. I still play video games (WITH my wife, we both enjoy Halo 3 thank you very much), like to hang with the guys and do kid stuff like have dart gun wars every now and then in the house. So yes - there it is. I guess in most ways, or at least some, I will never grow up.

I talked to Ryan Rice last night - he's deciding between staying in midland - playing and teaching, or moving to Louisiana to pursue his Certified Flight Instructor position and practice for upcoming auditions, and actually finish up his DMA stuff so he can get the fancy starchy piece of paper that dictates his new title of DR. Rice. As much as I say,"Dude - you don't know what you have till it's gone, keep playing!!!" I also know he has a love for aviation, so that's a tough call.

I might get to tour. With a Broadway show. Holy Moly.

6 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

What's this about touring with a Broadway show?

alice-anne said...

for some reason, this has been stuck in my head tonigh:

"tonyyyyy...are YOU a camel???"

Ashley said...

I hope you stay exactly as you are. If growing up means you changing your delightful silliness, then stay a kid forever, hunny. :)

alice-anne said...

you know...the week before show?? like the time we stayed up until 3 am painting the nacho cheese walls

Jennifer said...

I agree, no need to grow up. You'll make a great daddy someday with all your craziness! :) (I'll pray for a rambunctious boy who will keep you on your toes!)

Ian said...

O Tony. I don't want to grow up, I'm a toys-r-us kid. Anyway, your title made me think of the Keith Green(e?) song "Asleep in the Light." Have you ever heard it? It's a lovely song with a fantastic message--not enough trombone though.