Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Amusing, yes.

I can't win a job in the "New Philharmonic of Irving" - but I can win a job for a Touring production of the Broadway Musical of Little Women. I can win a job based on my resume and a recording for a show that is going to tour 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces...but I can't seem to play for a non-paying orchestra that meets around the corner from my apartment in the suberban metroplex. I am not upset about that, i think it's freakin hilarious. And the playing scene in Dallas sucks.

4 comments:

alice-anne said...

they didn't know what to do with you cause you're too good. you would have made the rest of the symphony look ridiculous. they couldn't afford to have you in the group.

that's why. they told me.

Ian said...

If you ever feel like traveling for a non-paying gig, there's a standing invitation in the living room of my apartment with your name on it. I might even be able to persuade myself to accompany you on the bass if you want, but I'm not very good so you probably don't want. And I completely understood your TLAs until the last. So, POH.

*KEY*
TLA- Three letter acronym.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

so are you going to tour? Can you take Ashley with you? Will you be coming to Memphis?

Anonymous said...

nj wishes you were here too!!!