Friday, January 11, 2008

Lessons Learned

Well - I guess the number of posts can be expected to decrease. This is my last day at EECU - so the time that I have to just chill WITH access to the internet is about to decrease. Though the drive was long at times, and sometimes people come in and are completely incompetent at large aspects of life, and sometimes I get cursed at with multiple instances of the F-bomb...and sometimes I get fussed at for dancing on the job...(I'm listing these things for humor...), and I have to tell people who really need a loan that they can't get one...this has been a good job!

Things I have learned while working for EECU - Your Community Credit Union

1. Keep a freaking Check register and write down your DEBIT CARD PURCHASES ALSO. I can't tell you how many people get charged overdraft fees because they simply don't keep track of there purchases chronologically. NEWS FLASH - you can't spend 50 bucks on your debit card one day when you only have 25, and then expect to deposit 100 bucks the next day hoping that you won't be charged. That's just dumb. No e-commerce, e-banking, or e-anything can take the place of writing down what you spend.

2. Your credit score is all-important in like...everything. It's AMAZING how much the simple 3 numbers making up your equifax, experian, or transunion credit score can affect what you can and can't get in life. For example - first year in memphis - I had to pay rent with money orders, what a freaking pain, having to go to the post office, or kroger and buy a money order just so I could pay rent, because I had limited credit. 2nd year - I got to write a personal check!! WOOHOO! That's not the same every where...but you know...

3. Health Insurance and Dental Insurance don't cover near as much everyone wants them to, including me.

4. Did I mention that it's important to keep a check book register? Unless of course you are rolling in it beyond belief and don't know what to do with all the money.

5. Be on your boss's good side.

6. My wife would be a hott teller.


Ian - I would like your lessons learned - since you are a fellow credit union employee.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That was a very random comment to leave on my blog. I would like an explanation, please. :)

Rachel said...

Haha, yes, Tone--Preggy. Expect Baby Cochran sometime this August. :)

Tammie's Thoughts said...

So what are you doing now?