Tuesday, January 8, 2008

vision

I just went to the eyedoctor - and apparently my vision has gotten worse. from -3.25 to -4.25. This is fairly encouraging - because it means my perscription hasn't changed in about 5-6 years.
Weird thing though - I only actually sat with the eye doctor for about 5 minutes. He checked the fit of my contact lens - and then proceeded to charge me 89 dollars for it. That essentially means that he's making about $1068 per hour on me alone. Why the heck am I getting my degree in music???


I miss small town america. I could get out of the eye doctor for 100 bucks. that INCLUDED boxes of contacts. I just spent 114 - and I don't even have a box of contacts to show for it. And I have a headache from my eyeballs bein' dialated.

*END RANT*

4 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Welcome to the REAL world!

Unknown said...

hey, tony. i totally remember you. in fact, i think maybe you made it to my blog once: when i was in memphis, staying with the hackers, but before i got there, i had to pull over on the road and this hitchhiker started walking back towards him and even peered in my window! i think you and tim did not make me feel better--one of you said 'it makes you wonder if he threw the log out into the road so that someone would stop'.
glad you stopped by! best wishes!

alice-anne said...

yeah i totally feel your pain...i went to the doctor monday for him to check out a cyst on my shoulder (what? me? have a cyst? no way!)...and he charged me $84 bucks for three minutes and a diagnosis of "there's really nothing you can do. don't worry about it. if you want, you can have it surgically removed."

i didn't want to know what the last option was going to cost me. good to see you and my new roomie are friends!! : )

Ian said...

Having your eyes dialated is awesome! Did they give you a pair of the stylish, paper sunglasses? I dig those and have had to wear them before. Driving in the sun with massive pupils is tough and quite painful. I keep meaning to make an appointment with my eye doc, but I always forget. Maybe I'm unconsciously afraid?