Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Circumference of the earth

SO - I am sitting here at the Pittsburgh Airport about to try and get on a flight to Dallas via Atlanta.

Today the bus driver informed us of a few facts that I found extremely interesting.

1. We spent a good 460 hours on that bus. That is over 2 weeks out of 3.5 months spent on a bus.
2. We spent over 18K on fuel alone.
3. We drove over 26,000 miles...the circumference of the earth is around 24,500 miles.


We practically drove around the world.

Dallas here I come - and i've never been more excited about it. :-)

5 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Hope you are home by now! I know Ashley will be so glad to see you. I saw a car commercial on TV yesterday that so reminded me of you!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Go look at my blog tammieh.blogspot.com
This kid on here reminds me so much of you!

alice-anne said...

so...you know math has never been my forte but correct me if i'm wrong....18 thousand dollars for 26 thousand miles...isn't that like...75 cents a mile or something ridiculous like that? geez. get an alternate energy source or something. i've thought for a long time that those buses should run on small nuclear seeds...like air craft carriers, only smaller.

alice-anne said...

or wait... a dollar fifty a mile...right? yeah. wow. that's worse.

Rachel said...

Yes, while Tony/Toni is a lovely name, we're going with Abigail Elizabeth and calling her Abby. Hope that's ok with you. :)