Friday, May 2, 2008

the 90's

So I think that I am going to play bass in a 90's cover band this summer. It's gonna be rad. See?? I'm already catching on to the lingo. We went over to Jason and Erica's house last night and hung out, and had pizza and listened to the tunes that'll be on the set list. I haven't seen erica in Forever - and now she's 7 1/2 months pregnant! She's a really cute pregnant lady :-)

We had this pizza from a place called pizza patron - which is a skich name, but nevertheless, the pizza was great. Jason stopped by and ordered it after work, and told the guy he wanted pepperoni on one, and then every vegetable they had on the other. The guys response was,"Even pineapple?" Which I don't usually consider a veggie, but what the heck. Jason said yes. And that pizza in all of it's jalapeno-bellpepper-onion-mushroom-pineapple-olive glory, was one of the best pieces of pizza I've had in a long time!

Back to the 90's band - old skool maroon 5, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, Vertical Horizon, All the stuff that people my age listened to in High School - early college. When he was playing through the list, nostalgia ran rampant. Brandon Edwards and I used to drive around in my gargantuan beast of an SUV listening to this stuff and harmonizing on the fly. It was a trick to see who could ACTUALLY get all the words to "One Week" or "Semi-Charmed Kind of Life." If the songs were too high - he'd just scream, if it was too low, I would sound like a dying cow as I exhaled hoping to hit the notes. These were the songs that would play as we drove out to play soccer on tues/thurs/sunday nights during the summers. It was an amazing time. James Wylie would drive out and visit me when I lived slightly out of town, and we would sit in his car and chat and listen to the radio, or come in and do the same thing in my room. Life was simple then. Ahh...Nostalgia you double-edged blade.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Haha, I love it!!